With the New Year underway, many of us have vowed to integrate healthier foods into our diets as part of our resolutions for 2012. Changing the way we eat is a process – and a lifestyle change more than just going on a diet. It’s about understanding how the choices we make affect our bodies and how we feel, and then committing to making a change.
Easier said than done!
Here's a list of healthy swaps - things in your normal, everyday diet or routine that can be easily swapped for something more nutritious and less processed – the 2012 food trend, tart cherries!
The benefits of tart cherries continue to reveal themselves. From high levels of antioxidants to naturally occurring melatonin to anti-inflammatory components, tart cherries do the trick in a wholesome way. You’ll be surprised to find that these superfuits have you covered in more ways than one:
1) Instead of a chocolate dessert, try Cheribundi Cacao Cherry - slightly decadent, but full of the tart cherry goodness.
2) Skip sugary sodas and enjoy Cheribundi Tru Cherry with sparkling water to get your “fizz fix.”
3) Sleeping pills have a risk of dependency. Dose off naturally with the help of tart cherry juice, just 8 ounces before bed gives you 39 extra minutes of sleep and a 6% boost in sleep efficiency.
4) Instead of reaching for the aspirin, reach for a glass of tart cherry juice, which has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe joint & muscle pain.
5) Swap out a milkshake full of calories and blend up a tart cherry smoothie rich in antioxidants.
6) There’s no need for a salty snack when you can munch on mixed nuts and dried cherries.