So what is Rooibos Tea? Rooibos Tea is an herbal red tea that comes from a plant grown in South Africa. Rooibos Tea is unique because it is naturally decaf. So, if you are looking for a beverage that naturally contains no caffeine, this is a perfect option for you!
Our Cheribundi Rooibos Tea Refresh is made from freshly brewed tea and like our other tea blends, contains 5 fresh-pressed, tart cherries. Its simple list of ingredients includes water, sugar, tart cherry juice, rooibos tea and citric acid.
Rooibos Tea also has an extensive list of health benefits. Some even argue that is has even more benefits than green or black tea. Some of the top health benefits are:
1. Contains powerful antioxidants - Rooibos tea is especially rich in super-antioxidant compounds, one of them being quercetin. Quercetin has been linked to preventing heart disease, improving cardiovascular health, helping to reduce the risk of several types of cancer and fight inflammation, especially from gout and arthritis.
2. Contains essential vitamins and minerals – Rooibos tea contains several minerals that are vital to health. Some of these include magnesium (essential for the nervous system), calcium & manganese (essential for strong teeth and bones), zinc (supports metabolism and immune function) and iron (critical for helping blood & muscles distribute oxygen).
3. Aids in absorption of iron - Unlike most black teas, which prevent the body from absorbing iron effectively because of the tannins they contain, rooibos tea supports the body in absorbing iron.
4. Promotes restful sleep – Rooibos tea is unique in that it can be consumed as often as you wish and at any time of day. Many people drink it before bedtime as it can help with insomnia. Due to its high mineral content and lack of caffeine, it’s known to help people to feel calm and relaxed.
5. Improves circulation – Another potent antioxidant in rooibos tea is called Chysoeriol. This antioxidant helps improve circulation by preventing the activity of an enzyme that triggers cardiovascular disease.
6. Helps prevent Parkinson's/Alzheimer's – Drinking rooibos tea regularly can protect against a process known as lipid peridoxation. This occurs when free radicals damage brain cells and nerve tissue. If this is prolonged, it can lead to brain disease, such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson's disease.
As you can see, Rooibos Tea is a true source of greatness for the body. And don't forget, in addition to the benefits from Rooibos Tea, you are also getting the benefits from the tart cherries in every bottle of Rooibos Tea Refresh. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!